Ok, the ‘5 Flickr pet peeves’ one may have been Strawberry’s (I’m not sure, I got it 17th-hand or something), this one I definitely got straight from the aggregate accessory fruit’s mouth.
- What’s your SL name? Nathaniel Pevensey
- What made you choose this name? I was looking at the last names available, and decided that Pevensey seemed up my alley, and then wound up picking a properly Anglo first name to go with a surname that was so Anglo.
- What’s your SL nickname, or what do most people call you? (if applicable) ‘Nath’, sometimes ‘Pevensey’ (and very occasionally ‘Pervensey’).
- What’s your SL display name? Why do you choose to have one? (if applicable) I’m ‘Nath Pevensey’ in display name. I chose to have one for two reasons. A: ‘Nathaniel’ is a lot to type, and B: some years back I started hanging around at a club in SL where there already was a Nathaniel among the regulars. After a little uncertainty as to who should be called what by whom for how many cookies, we realized everybody shortened his name to ‘Nat’, while my prior-to-the-club friends called me ‘Nath’, so… it was an easy quick way to make his name and my name different things. 🙂
- Do you like your SL name? Yeah, pretty satisfied with it. I do kind of wish I’d done a test drive, as I’m quite sure I would’ve preferred an amusing or clever name, but a ‘normal’ name actually makes me stand out a bit in SL, I find.
- If you could change your SL name, what would it be? Oh gosh. I wouldn’t mind the ‘Drinkwater’ surname, as I know which book about imagined/virtual realities that one’s a reference to and am a particularly huge fan of it.
- What’s the craziest/funniest SL name you’ve ever seen? AI used to collect amusing names back in the day, just giggle myself silly at them. ‘Analbead String’ is one I used to see occasionally and giggle at, though ‘Eponymous Trenchmouth’ always gets a grin out of me too (and not just because of the awesome shoes).
- What’s the coolest (your favorite) SL name you’ve ever seen? This is a tricky one. I really like ‘Unearth Graves’ a lot, though of the folks I see regularly I think ‘Getme Somme’ (we all call him ‘Getty’) wins.
And as a bonus, here’s a photo outtaken from a visit to a RP sim that is Not Harry Potter Related At All.
Styling on photo:
I don’t remember whose hair that was (though it looks like high odds that it’s a Dura group-gift from a while back that I was wearing earlier the day I took the photo). Pants are ‘Tartan 4’ referenced in a prior post of mine (‘You Are the King of the Divan’), jacket is the L&B ‘Classic’ biker jacket referenced in a prior post of mine (one that bears the coat’s name), skin is Ispachi’s gabriel – creme – shaved (seriously, there’s one photo on here that is not of me in this skin, in over 2 months), eyes are FATEeyes, shoes are Pornstars hi-tops (available from vendors in 9,999 sims around the grid), and I made the shape myself.
The location I forget offhand, but I did link to it on my flickr account.